Halloween is quickly approaching as we are seeing more and more Halloween inspired looks on social media. If you still don’t know what you’re going to dress up as for Halloween this year, don’t panic! We have come up with three different Halloween inspired manicure & makeup looks that can totally replace a costume this year.
Creepin’ It Real
First up for a simple Halloween costume is a spooky ghost. Painting ghosts on nails is too cute and ghost makeup is sultry and spooky, making it a perfect costume replacement. If you want to learn how to do this nail and makeup look for the Halloween season this year, follow this tutorial:
- Apply one to two coats of Sandy Bum Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer (soft nude crème) to each nail.
- Next, apply Cotton Buds Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer on the tips of the nails for a French Manicure Look, skipping the middle and ring finger on each hand.
- Using a toothpick or a very small makeup brush, carefully draw the shape of a ghost on your middle finger and ring finger using the same shade Cotton Buds from step 2.
- Once your ghosts have dried, use a black nail lacquer and carefully place two dots on the ghosts for eyes.
- Top with clear to lock in in and enjoy your spooky look!
- The beauty of a ghost makeup tutorial is that it is supposed to be messy! Start with our Teddy Boy Eyeshadow Palette and generously go in with shade Mick (a matte grey) on each eye. Take the matte grey up the eyelid above the crease and approx. 1 to 2 inches below the lower lash line.
- Once eyeshadow shade Mick is blended all over the eye area, go in with Rupert (a matte black) on the eye lid and lower lash line from the same Teddy Boy Eyeshadow Palette. Mick should be more focused on the eyelid and add dimension to the eye.
- Use a large fluffy blending brush and carefully apply the same matte grey in shade Mick along the hairline. We do not want this to be as dark as the eyeshadow.
- Using a concealer that matches your skin tone, apply the colour on your lips as a lipstick. Choose a shade that is the closest to your skin tone, so your lips are covered and no colour is showing through the concealer.
- Add some heavy contour below the cheekbones for a sunken in jaw look.
Caught In The Web
Up next, we have a spooky spiderweb inspired look. This look includes spiderweb fingernails as well as a spiderweb eyeshadow which is perfect for Halloween! Read below to learn how to recreate this spooky beauty look:
- Start by painting every nail black with shade Union Jack Black Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer except your ring finger on both hands.
- Apply Steady On! Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer on ring fingernails on both hands to have a cool nude base for the spiderweb design.
- Using a toothpick, draw three diagonal lines starting from the bottom left corner of the ring fingernail with shade Union Jack Black Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer.
- Using a shallow “U” shape, connect the three lines by painting a “U” in between each line with the same Union Jack Black Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer. Continue doing this for three rows or until your nail mimics a spiderweb.
- Lock it in with Hardwear Shine UV Top Coat to prevent your spiderweb design from fading.
- This makeup look follows the same technique as the nails. To start, using our Teddy Girl Eyeshadow Palette, apply shade Penelope (a matte spiced wine) all over the eyelid up to the brow bone.
- Next, using shade Rupert (a matte black) from our Teddy Boy Eyeshadow Palette, smoke out the eyes. Create a black circle that outlines the eye and smudge it out. We want the black to be messy but be careful not to cover up the pink/red we applied in step 1.
- Using our Power Up All Day Wear Liquid Eyeliner, mimic the same design you did on the nails by starting with three to four diagonal lines starting on the inside of the lower lash line and continuing to the outer edge.
- Copying the same shallow “U” shape, connect the lines until all gaps have been filled in.
- For an extra touch, draw a spider on the face using the same liquid eyeliner by drawing an “8” shape and coloring it in with the eyeliner. Draw some legs and voila! A spooky spider.
Finish the look with a bright Plush Rush Lipstick in shade Impulsive (a red crème).
A devil inspired Halloween costume is a classic. We see this year after year, and for good reason! This is a fun and fiery look to achieve. Follow the tutorial below for this devilish Halloween look:
Red Tip Nails:
- Start by applying “Steady On! Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer” (a cool nude) on each nail.
- Next, use the tip of the nail brush to paint a French Tip in shade Come to Bed Red Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer (a classic red crème) on all nails.
- Using a toothpick, heavily saturate the toothpick in Come to Bed Red Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer from Step 1. Carefully apply the red shade onto the ring and pinky finger in a teardrop formation.
- Top it off with Hardwear Shine UV Top Coat to prevent your devilish design from fading.
Red Smoky Eye:
- Using our Teddy Girl Eyeshadow Palette, apply shade Poppy (a matte pale nude) all over the lid.
- Next, use shade Lottie (a cranberry metallic) all over the eyelid, blending up into the crease.
- With shade Penelope (a spiced matte wine), gently press this deep colour onto the lid, careful not to apply it in the crease.
- With our Plush Rush Lip Liner in shade Red Hot, draw two tiny devil horns above the eyebrow on one eye.
- Complete the look with Power Up All Day Wear Mascara.
If you try out any of these Halloween inspired manicure/makeup ideas, make sure to tag us @butterlondon so we can check out your spooky looks!