In our opinion, 2023 has been the year of different must-try nail trends! We have loved getting to see all the different manicure designs and techniques as we went through the year, but we are not ready to let go of them all as we approach 2023. Here are our four favourite nail trends that we will be taking with us into 2023.
Less is More... *Sometimes*
We must begin with a timeless manicure that we can easily create at home! Minimal manicures are here to stay for us over at butter LONDON as we love the multi-tasking benefits that come along with a minimal nail look. Using our Sheer Wisdom Nail Tinted Moisturizer provides a sheer wash of colour while also helping to revive, strengthen and prevent breakage with its good-for-nails formula. To recreate a minimalist manicure in the new year, follow the steps below:
- Begin with our award-winning Horse Power Nail Rescue Basecoat to help transform, restore and rescue damaged nails while also helping prevent against future damage.
- Add a barely-there tint of colour with our Sheer Wisdom Nail Tinted Moisturizer to help repair the look of nails over time while helping to strengthen nails.
Top off your minimal mani with Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat to help prevent nail polish chipping and smudging for nails that last!
You Can’t Go Wrong with a French Tip…
French Tips have been all the rage this year—but we are not quite ready to let go! We have loved getting to see the different takes on French tips this year, such as switching out a color for the traditional white on the tip or creating unique French tip outlines. To keep the French Tip trend going, follow the steps below:
- Begin by applying one coat of our Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat to provide a protective layer over nails and adding a wash of colour for the base of the French mani.
- Next, with a small nail art brush, carefully paint the tips of your nails with Fruit Machine Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer to get the French tip effect. Add another coat over top if necessary. Keep in mind that your French mani can be any colour you wish!
- Give your nails an ultra-glossy shine with Hardwear Shine UV Top Coat to leave your nails with a luxury finish.
Celeb Worthy Mani
Glazed Donut nails quickly took social media by storm thanks to celeb Hailey Bieber rocking this shimmery nail design. This trend originally consisted of a pale pink/neutral base color with a pearlescent overcoat to mimic the sheen of a glazed donut, but as the trend progressed the colors have expanded to browns, grey, pinks and more! To learn how to recreate this trend yourself, you can read about it on our website or by following the steps below:
- Apply one to two coats of Sheer Wisdom Nail Tinted Moisturizer to give nails a neutral crème base while also strengthening nails.
- Apply one to two coats of Mellow the Yellow Nail Brightening Treatment to add an opalescent hue for a shimmery glazed donut effect with skin-conditioning benefits.
Lock in your classic glazed manicure with one coat of Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat to help prevent nail polish chipping and voila—your glazed donut mani is complete!
Our Newest Obsession…
For the last nail trend that we will be taking in 2023, we chose velvet nails! This fun trend consists of *super* sparkly nails that shimmer and reflect light in a way that mimics the appearance of velvet. While this trend is still fairly new, we had to include it for our 2023 manicure roundup! To learn how to recreate this yourself, follow these steps:
- Begin with Horse Power Nail Rescue Basecoat, our award-winning lacquer that helps transform, restore and rescue damaged nails.
- Next, go in with two to three coats of Knees Up Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer. This smashing metallic red nail lacquer is gemstone-inspired and is a fun colour to choose for this trend!
- Give your nails a salon-worthy finish with Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat to help protect your velvet mani and help prevent chipping.
Did you try out any of these manicure trends this year? Do you have any other manicures that you will be taking in 2023? Let us know on social media @butterlondon, and don’t forget to shop our bestselling nail care, nail lacquer and beauty at butterlondon.com