The ‘cold girl’ look has been all the rage on social media, and it consists of matte skin, feathery brows, and heavy blush. We have been loving the blushing makeup looks so much, we want to take it a step further! While you may have heard of the cold girl makeup look, have you heard of cold girl nails? Check out our three takes on the cold girl makeup trend, but on nails instead for blush-worthy mani’s!
Blushing Nails (Literally)
First up with our cold girl nails is a unique nail look that consists of blush in the center of the nail… yes, you read that correctly! Follow the tutorial below to learn how to achieve this perfectly rosy look.
- Begin by applying one to two coats of Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly Preserve Strengthening Treatment on all nails. We want the color to be sheer, so be careful not to apply too much! Wait for it to get tacky, but not completely dry.
- Next, we are going to use our Teddy Girl Eyeshadow Palette and use shade “Lottie”. Very carefully, scrape a small amount of the shadow out on a separate plate or napkin to keep things sanitary.
- With your finger, press into shade “Lottie” and gently press the colour onto the center of your nails in a circular motion with the heaviest amount of blush onto the middle of the nail.
- Lastly, apply a coat of our Hardwear Shine UV Top Coat and allow it to dry and voila! You now have beautifully blushing, ombre nails.
Blushing Nails (but With Nail Lacquer)
If putting makeup on your nails is not your vibe, you can achieve the same blushing nail trend as seen above with nail polish! Follow the tutorial below to see how to achieve this cheeky look.
- Begin by applying one to two coats of Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly Preserve Strengthening Treatment on all nails. We want the colour to be sheer, so be careful not to apply too much! Wait for it to get tacky, but not completely dry.
- Next, with a single-use makeup sponge, apply Flusher Blusher Patent Shine 10x Nail Lacquer onto the tip of the nail, fading down to the center to create an ombre effect. Try not to let the fuchsia shade touch the bottom of the nail!
- Continue these steps until shade Flusher Blusher is as opaque as desired.
- Finish off the blushing nail look with a coat of our Hardwear Shine UV Top Coat to lock in the look.
A *Classic* Blush
If you are not a fan of nail art, but still want to participate in the trend, try painting all of your nails one shade of blush instead! Follow the tutorial below to create this look at home:
- Start with a coat of Horse Power Nail Rescue Base Coat to help protect nails and promote healthy nail growth.
- Option 1: Apply 1-2 coats of Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly Preserve Strengthening Treatment on all nails until it is as opaque as desired to give a jelly-ish look.
- Option 2: If you want nails that have more coverage and are not sheer, try using Sandy Bum Patent Shine 10x Nail Lacquer instead! This soft nude crème will give an opaquer effect, but still gives a blushing hue.
- Complete the look with a coat of our Hardwear Shine UV Top Coat to help prevent chipping and to give nails extra shine.
If you try out any of these blushing nail looks, be sure to tag us @butterlondon on social media! To shop more blush-worthy nail lacquer colours, or other bestselling nail care and cheeky nail lacquer, head over to butterlondon.com